WP eMember has an “After Login Redirection” feature that you can use to automatically send the members to a specific page (example, members only area) when they log into the site.
How to Enable the After Login Redirection Feature
- Go to the WP eMember Settings menu
- Check the “Enable After login Redirection” checkbox
- Save the settings by clicking the update button at the bottom of this page
How to Configure Which Page to Redirect to
There are 3 options to choose from:
- You can redirect all of your members to a specific page upon login. Simply specify the URL of the page in the
"eMember settings -> Pages/Forms Settings -> After Login Page"field.
- You can redirect members to a specific page based on their membership levels. Specify the URL of the redirect page in the
"Membership Level -> Redirect After Login"field to configure a per membership level specific redirection page.
- You can also redirect on a per user basis (redirect a specific member to a specific page). Specify the URL of the redirect page in the
"Members -> Edit a member's record -> After Login Page URL"field to configure a per user specific redirection page.
Can I Use a Mixture of These Available Redirections?
Yes, you can mix them up. This is how eMember will determine the after login redirection of a user when he/she logs into the site:
- First, it will check if there is a user specific redirection available for the member. If it finds one then it will redirect the member to that page.
- If a user specific redirection is not present, the plugin will check if a membership level specific redirection is configured. If it finds one then it will redirect the member to that membership level redirection page.
- If the plugin can’t find any of the above, it will redirect the user to the global/general redirection page specified under the “Pages/Forms Settings” area.